Sunshine Coast University Hospital
The Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) Child Care Centre is a beautiful new child care centre located on the top of Carpark 1 in the SCUH precinct, Birtinya. Conveniently located to support parents with young children working within the SCUH precinct community and surrounding areas like Kawana.
Members of the public can access our service by:
- Park on the lower 2 levels of the P1 car park as a public user of the Public Hospital precinct ; the carpark has a large LCD TV screen.
- Take car park lift to level 7 this will bring you to the roof top and the back of the child care centre, please follow the directional arrow signs to the main front reception.
- Bring car park ticket with you (we can validate this at a 100% discount so you are not charged)
- Press doorbell to alert your arrival
Child Care Birtinya
The centre is open 52 weeks of the year, from 6.00am to 6.00pm, catering for children from 6 weeks to 5 years.
YMCA Child Care Centres are accredited to deliver the Queensland Kindergarten Program.
The programs builds on the national Early Years Learning Framework, assisting teachers to deliver a quality kindergarten program and ensures consistency across the state.
The Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline builds connections between what children already know or can do, their learning in a kindergarten program, and future learning in Prep.
Kindergarten teachers strengthen children’s sense of belonging, being and becoming as they:
- make deliberate and well-informed decisions
- to promote and enrich children’s holistic learning and development
- build respectful relationships with family, community and professional partners
- promote children’s wellbeing and ongoing learning
- interact with children with a clear focus to promote learning
- support children with additional needs